The Chief of Staff is a talented and versatile individual who serves as a trusted advisor and confidant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for up to 18 months. The Chief of Staff and the CEO work closely together to get twice as much done as the CEO would be able to do alone. Over time the work will get more interesting culminating in a senior leadership position at Arctop or another company. This is a unique opportunity to see every aspect of a fast-growing startup at the CEO level.
This position is full-time based in San Francisco, California, to attend in-person meetings, with occasional travel required to Arctop offices in Tel Aviv, Israel and Tokyo, Japan. Responsibilities include both directed work that is mostly guided by the CEO as well as leadership work that is self-directed. Over the course of the position, the mix will shift from majority directed work to majority leadership work.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Empower the CEO in day-to-day operations by strategically managing schedules and anticipating needs.
- Ensure all upcoming meetings are relevant, well structured, and that the preparation is complete and correct.
- Ensure action items coming out of meetings (i.e. executive, metrics, client-relations) are implemented.
- Act as the communication arm for the CEO with team members, clients, investors, community members, and other stakeholders.
- Create investor updates, group conversations, pitch decks, speeches, conference submissions, and presentations on behalf of the CEO.
- Brief CEO visitors on Arctop before they visit and serve as a proxy for the CEO by attending meetings in place of the CEO and making decisions on the CEO's behalf when needed.
- Act as gatekeeper: ensure the CEO's involvement in project or decision-making processes takes place at key times when input and authority are most needed.
- Act as a sounding board for new ideas and initiatives.
- Run special projects that are urgent and important.
- Communicate concisely and clearly and keep cool under pressure.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record leading cross-functional teams and interacting effectively with different stakeholders.
- Successful history in project coordination and reporting.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record (sometimes driving will be required).
- Experience with data analysis and a basic fluency with scientific figures.
- Burning desire to have a positive impact on society and shape the way brains input to machines.
- 4+ years combined experience in a senior operating role at a fast-growing startup, strategy consulting, or venture capital.
This is a full-time salaried position with competitive income and benefits.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for a listed role please email your CV and a cover letter, with the title of the role in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.