Part-time and full-time engagements depending on the candidate are both possible. 3-month initial engagement to test company fit and performance open immediately in Newport Beach/Irvine area, with other opportunities available now or becoming available soon for candidates in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and in principle, anywhere.
From day one you will be diving in directly and expected to fast start contributing meaningfully to our field-leading platform which has been featured recently in the top scientific journal Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience (link), Amazon’s Science Blog (link) and which is in use commercially by some of the world’s most innovative companies and app developers. Must be able to combine a visionary talent for breaking barriers in technology and a strong work ethic for executing and implementing code on a day-to-day basis as part of a high-performance team.
- Develop real-time neural data analysis algorithms for our Neuos platform.
- Create new methods for electrophysiological data analysis with robust quality and performance.
- Analyze historic data to advance new biomarkers for health applications.
- Engage with challenging data from noisy, real world contexts that include neural and non-neural data sources..
- Superb coding skills in Python and Tensorflow.
- 5+ years industry experience in quantitative modeling, machine learning, algorithmic design and implementation.
- Ingenuity, energy, and an ambition to make an impact on the future of human health and consumer electronics.
- Experience writing and managing production code for a real-time decision system and/or digital signal processing application.
- Advanced degrees in mathematics, machine learning, biostatistics, electrical engineering or computational neuroscience.
- Domain specific knowledge of speech recognition, computer vision, biomedical signal analysis, biometric analysis, and/or time-series data processing.
- Fluent and professionally comfortable speaking and writing technical English.
- Deep knowledge and experience in brain imaging technologies and real-time neural interface systems.
- Nuanced understanding of statistical methods for optimizations with specific experience in transfer learning, deep learning, autoencoders, error analysis, reinforcement learning, time-frequency analysis, wavelet analysis, and classifier ensembles.
- Ability to teach oneself challenging technical topics and invent.
- Ability to handle contextual computing frameworks and multimodal data.
- Collaborative, curious, highly organized and self-motivated work style.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to abstract and see the horizon.
Competitive income and benefits including stock options.
To apply for a listed role please email your CV and a cover letter describing your ideal position, with the title of the role in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.